2009 Rural AED Grant
EMMCO West is please to announce the 2009 Rural AED Grant project. The grant is a federally funded initiative through the Health and Human Services Rural Health Project Office. The grant is administered by the PA Department of Health, Bureau of EMS.
In past years, the grant has been awarded to a variety of agencies throughout the seven county regional area served by EMMCO West, Inc.. Counties included in the grant area are Clarion, Crawford, Forest, Venango, and Warren. Only partial municipalities within Erie and Mercer County are eligible. The map below identifies the counties and municipalities that are eligible for this AED project:
Only the municipalities listed in YELLOW are eligible within Erie and Mercer Counties.
The following are links to the application and documentation necessary for the Rural AED Grant:
- Rural AED Grant Application
- Application instructions
- SHIP Partners
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Committment
- AED Event Report
Who should apply? The following are suggested organizations within communities that are eligible for this grant:
- Schools and Faith based organizations
- Local Government facilities (court houses etc.)
- Public Libraries
- Community and Senior Centers
- Other Not for Profit public organizations
Additional organizations that may be eligible, if the first priority is not met include:
- First Response Organizations not currently equipped with AEDs
- BLS, QRS organizations
- Law Enforcement
- DCNR and Forestry personnel Fire Department units assigned on EMS responses
- Other eligible applicants recommended by regional EMS Councils and approved by the EMS Office
- Existing AED services wishing update equipment
- For profit business and industry
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2009
Submit completed applications to:
EMMCO West, Inc.
16271 Conneaut Lake Rd.
Meadville, PA 16335
Trisha Skelton, EMS System Outreach Specialis
View All News Entries